Fri, 21 Apr|
Reframe Your Mind and Body
A POSITIVE RESET & REBALANCE FOR WOMEN DURING MENOPAUSE
Time & Location
21 Apr 2023, 15:00 – 24 Apr 2023, 12:00
The Cleave, Lee, Ilfracombe EX34 8LW, UK
About The Event
Kate and Louise invite you to join them on a three-night retreat on the North Devon coast and look forward to sharing with you a weekend that promises to be Restorative, Informative, Nourishing, Educational, Restful & Uplifting.
Would you love to…
- put yourself first, if only for a few days?
- reframe how you see this stage of life?
- find out how to feel more in control?
- explore ways to minimise stress, anxiety, and the internal chatter?
- make changes to your fitness routine but just don’t know where to start?
Yes? Then we invite you to join us in this most tranquil and enchanting of settings to…
- create a sense of calm and strength - both physical and emotional
- take the opportunity to press pause, relax and reset
- learn and practice some take home tools to help reshape the next chapters of your life
- stretch your mind, body and soul with yoga designed to support you through menopause and beyond
- future proof your body with daily strength training with a key focus on technique so you feel confident incorporating this into your fitness routine once home
- find joy - we guarantee the weekend will be full of fun and happy memories
- take charge of your menopause journey, your health, your body, your future
Lee Bay is on the North Devon Jurassic coastal path and offers a variety of lovely coastal walks to enjoy. The beach is a short walk from the venue, which is set in 3 acres of ancient woodland and there really is no better time to visit than spring, when the bluebells will be in full bloom, or in July when Lee, known for it's fuchsia is renamed "Fuchsia Valley". The accommodation is in 3 beautiful shared (twin) cabins, so why not bring a friend? Each cabin has its own personality and has been thoughtfully designed to bring a touch of rustic glamour. All cabins have a private deck and outdoor furniture for those quieter moments of reflection. Shared bathroom facilities are in a further cabin. Mealtimes are in the main house and adjacent is the modern studio with infinity deck, so we are hoping for beautiful spring sunshine to let the outside in. You will be safely held in an all-female, safe, supportive, nurturing open space; one in which you can learn, share, listen, laugh and just be. The host of the main house is a lovely older gentleman. He will be present at mealtimes and is a mine of information about the land and surrounding area of outstanding beauty.
What can you expect?
- Daily yoga practice with Louise Pitman @louisepitman_wellbeing which has been designed with menopause in mind
- Daily resistance training session with Kate Oakley @yourfuturefit, beginning with a Technique Masterclass – modified for all levels
- To be nourished by perfectly balanced organic vegan / vegetarian meals designed to suit hormonal fluctuations
- To be soothed by a gong bath with our gong bath practitioner to promote deep sleep and inner calm (for a sneak peek of Karen in action on Channel 4 click here and go to 41 minutes Sandy Toksvig)
- The opportunity to swim as a group in the calm waters of Lee Bay and gain some of the benefits that cold water has to offer during menopause
- A nutritional workshop with our resident chef focused on how to best nourish and support our bodies during menopause
- To learn some breath techniques designed to alleviate symptoms
- Time to talk informally with your hosts and other participants to gain some shared solutions or support
- Free time to enjoy the surrounding area of Lee Bay, which nestles between Ilfracombe and Woolacombe on the Jurassic Coastline. Take a stroll to the beach for a swim or sit out on your deck to read a book and relax overlooking the bluebells (April) or fuchsia (July). Relish the peace with no demands on you
- A fantastic goodie bag to take home
How will you leave feeling?
- Energised / Calm / Rejuvenated / Inspired / Exhilarated / Empowered to manage your menopause openly & positively / connected
- Feeling that you are in control of your health, with a positive mindset
- Newly confident that you’re in charge of this stage of your life – not the other way around
- Ready to navigate this stage of your life with a refreshed perspective and a set of new tools
- Understanding how exercise, sleep, stress, movement, & nutrition can positively impact your body and mind in this stage of your life, enabling you to positively make the most of this exciting time
- Ready to own this next stage of your life with your tool kit and the confidence that it’s going to be amazing
The cost of this retreat is £525 with a deposit of £125 due at time of booking and the balance by 21st February. Deposits are non-refundable or transferrable unless in the event of a further lockdown at the time of the retreat meaning that it is not possible to go ahead.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to already practice yoga or do strength training to come on retreat?
No, all practices will be suitable for 'every body'. You will be sent a short questionnaire before attending to enable us to plan accordingly. Additionally, Kate and Louise are very experienced in understanding ability levels and modifying their sessions to suit.
I am not at all flexible, do I have to touch my toes?
The yoga we practice together will be at your own pace and will meet you where you are.
I'm ok with sharing a bathroom but are there washing facilities in my cabin?
The cabins have a wonderfully off grid feel in that they are surrounded only by nature and birdsong. However, to ensure an excellent level of comfort, certain additions have been made. There is a Belfast sink in two of the cabins and water and washing facilities provided in the cabin furthest away from the main house. (much sought after for its elevated position up the hill with incredible views over the bay) Each of the three cabins has a kettle for hot water if needed. The bathroom cabin has endless amounts of hot water to wash and shower.
I have mobility problems, does this mean I cannot attend?
Not at all. We'd like to talk to you when making a booking to advise you of the terrain at the venue, one cabin is up a steep path but the other two are more accessible. Lee itself is on a hill leading up from the sea, we do walk to the sea (downhill) and back (uphill) but there is also a small carpark available and we can offer lifts if needed.
What if I am not yet perimenopausal, or just don't know, is this retreat still suitable?
Absolutely! Perimenopause starts long before your periods stop and the best age to start preparing is 35 (although a small % of women will have reached menopause by this age). We think it is a great idea to arm yourself with as much information as you can and start to future proof your life.
I have allergies to certain foods and also cats – can that be accommodated?
Please notify us of any allergies in advance and we can double check with our chef with regards to preparing food that is suitable. There is a very relaxed resident cat at the property which may occasionally come and say hi in the communal spaces.
Do I need to own weights to bring with me?
It isn’t essential as we will provide a range of dumbbells however if you do already own some we may ask you to bring them along if convenient.
I have a medical condition/old injury that prevents me from certain movements. Is this going to cause a problem during the yoga and strength sessions?
We ask every attendee to complete a short medical questionnaire before coming and if necessary, we may ask you to check suitability with your doctor/physio/appropriate consultant beforehand. Sessions can then be modified to suit requirements and if you wanted to discuss this prior to booking please email us.
What time does the retreat start and finish?
We welcome you at Cleave from 3pm on the Friday with our first activity planned for 5pm. Check out is at 12pm on the Monday after brunch.
Can I come and go as I please during my stay?
This is your weekend to enjoy. You will be provided with an itinerary on arrival and whilst no activity is compulsory we hope you join us. There is also plenty of free time to explore the local area, relax on your deck, stroll to the beach or go for a swim in Lee Bay.
Will I have to share my accommodation?
This is a small retreat with maximum 6 guests – 3 twin cabins - so whilst a single supplement can be discussed, why not invite a friend to join you? 90% of our retreat guests attend on their own but 100% leave with new friendships formed.
What if I need to cancel after paying my deposit?
Your deposit is non-refunable. If you have to cancel for any reason after the final balance is paid we will try to fill your space, If we can do so, a full refund minus £50 admin fee will be payable. If we cannot fill your space, then there is no refund possible. We strongly recommend that you take out personal travel insurance. If the retreat cannot go ahead due to lockdown, a full refund including deposit will be given.
This payment is your deposit and will secure your place on the reteat, the deposit is non-refundable unless in the event of a further lockdown.£125.00